Myrtle Beach, a picturesque coastal city in South Carolina, is a paradise for golf enthusiasts. With its sun-kissed fairways, challenging greens, and stunning scenery, it’s no wonder that this area is home to some of the most sought-after golf courses in the country. But just how many golf courses are near Myrtle Beach? The answer may surprise you. From public courses to private clubs, we’ll take a closer look at the array of options available to golfers visiting this coastal gem. So pack your clubs and get ready to discover the best golf courses near Myrtle Beach.
Overview of Golf Courses in Myrtle Beach
History of Golf Courses in Myrtle Beach
Golf has been a popular sport in Myrtle Beach for over a century. The first golf course in Myrtle Beach was built in 1908, and since then, the number of golf courses in the area has grown significantly. Today, Myrtle Beach is home to over 90 golf courses, making it one of the most popular golf destinations in the United States.
The history of golf courses in Myrtle Beach is closely tied to the history of the city itself. In the early 1900s, Myrtle Beach was a small fishing village, but it quickly grew into a popular tourist destination in the 1920s and 1930s. Golf became a popular activity among tourists, and many of the early golf courses were built to accommodate the growing demand.
One of the earliest golf courses in Myrtle Beach was the Myrtle Beach Golf Club, which was founded in 1927. The course was designed by Dick Wilson, who was a renowned golf course architect at the time. Wilson went on to design many of the other golf courses in Myrtle Beach, and his influence can still be seen in the layout of many of the courses today.
During the 1960s and 1970s, Myrtle Beach experienced a period of rapid growth, and many new golf courses were built to accommodate the influx of tourists. Some of the most popular golf courses in Myrtle Beach today were built during this time, including Caledonia Golf & Fish Club and True Blue Golf Club.
In recent years, Myrtle Beach has continued to attract golfers from all over the world, and the number of golf courses in the area has continued to grow. Many of the golf courses in Myrtle Beach are privately owned, but there are also several public courses that are open to the general public.
Despite the growth of the golf industry in Myrtle Beach, the sport remains deeply rooted in the history and culture of the area. Many of the golf courses in Myrtle Beach are designed to take advantage of the natural beauty of the coastal landscape, and the sport remains an important part of the local economy and community.
Types of Golf Courses in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach is renowned for its plethora of golf courses, catering to players of all skill levels. These courses are categorized into various types based on their design, layout, and difficulty level. In this section, we will delve into the different types of golf courses found in Myrtle Beach, helping you make an informed decision on which course best suits your preferences.
Championship Golf Courses
These courses are designed for experienced golfers seeking a challenging round. Championship courses often feature longer distances, narrower fairways, and strategically placed hazards. Some of the most popular championship courses in Myrtle Beach include Caledonia Golf & Fish Club, True Blue Golf Club, and Tidewater Golf Club.
Executive Golf Courses
Executive courses are ideal for beginners, seniors, or players looking for a casual round. These courses are typically shorter in length, with wider fairways and smaller greens. Executive courses are a great option for those who want to enjoy a relaxed game without the pressure of a more challenging course. Examples of executive courses in Myrtle Beach include Arcadian Shores Golf Club, The Palms Golf Club, and Pine Lakes Golf Club.
Mini Golf Courses
Mini golf courses, also known as putt-putt courses, are designed for players of all ages and skill levels. These courses feature shorter holes with a variety of obstacles, such as ramps, bridges, and water hazards. Mini golf courses are a fun and entertaining way to enjoy a round of golf with family and friends. Some popular mini golf courses in Myrtle Beach include The Hole In One Golf, Captain Hooks Adventure Golf, and Myrtle Beach Mini Golf.
Semi-Private Golf Courses
Semi-private golf courses offer a balance between public and private courses. These courses are owned by individuals or groups but allow non-members to play for a fee. Semi-private courses often have fewer players and offer more flexible tee times compared to public courses. Some notable semi-private golf courses in Myrtle Beach include Myrtle Beach National Golf Club, Willbrook Plantation Golf Club, and Possum Trot Golf Course.
Public Golf Courses
Public golf courses are open to the general public and typically offer more affordable green fees. These courses cater to a wide range of players, from beginners to experienced golfers. Public courses in Myrtle Beach include Myrtle Beach Golf Club, Azalea Sands Golf Club, and The Preserve Golf Club.
Understanding the different types of golf courses in Myrtle Beach will help you select the perfect course for your next golfing adventure, ensuring an enjoyable and memorable experience.
Best Golf Courses to Play in Myrtle Beach
Top 10 Golf Courses in Myrtle Beach
When it comes to golfing, Myrtle Beach is a dream destination for enthusiasts. With over 90 courses to choose from, it can be challenging to narrow down the list. However, we have compiled a list of the top 10 golf courses in Myrtle Beach that are worth visiting.
1. Caledonia Golf & Fish Club
Caledonia Golf & Fish Club is a Mike Strantz masterpiece, known for its natural beauty and challenging play. The course is surrounded by marshlands and lush vegetation, making it an unforgettable experience.
2. True Blue Golf Club
True Blue Golf Club is another Mike Strantz design, offering a unique and challenging golfing experience. The course is characterized by its rolling dunes, tall grasses, and stunning vistas.
3. Tidewater Golf Club
Tidewater Golf Club is a stunning Arnold Palmer-designed course that offers a true test of golf. The course boasts of wide fairways, strategically placed bunkers, and breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean.
4. The Palms Golf Club
The Palms Golf Club is an Arthur Hills-designed course that is known for its challenging play and stunning layout. The course features numerous water hazards, undulating greens, and strategically placed bunkers.
5. The Club at Longfield
The Club at Longfield is a Pete Dye-designed course that offers a challenging and unique golfing experience. The course is characterized by its elevated tee boxes, undulating greens, and strategically placed bunkers.
6. Black Knight Sports & Entertainment
Black Knight Sports & Entertainment is a multi-level, indoor golf and sports entertainment facility that offers a virtual golf experience. The facility features over 300,000 square feet of golf and sports simulation technology.
7. The Witch Golf Club
The Witch Golf Club is a Mike Dasher-designed course that is known for its challenging play and stunning layout. The course features numerous water hazards, undulating greens, and strategically placed bunkers.
8. The Preserve Golf Club
The Preserve Golf Club is a course that is characterized by its natural beauty and challenging play. The course boasts of rolling hills, lush vegetation, and strategically placed bunkers.
9. Myrtle Beach National
Myrtle Beach National is a 54-hole golf facility that offers three unique courses, each with its own challenges and unique features. The courses are known for their challenging play and stunning layout.
10. River Club
River Club is a course that is characterized by its natural beauty and challenging play. The course boasts of its stunning views of the Intracoastal Waterway and its strategically placed bunkers.
In conclusion, these are just a few of the many amazing golf courses that Myrtle Beach has to offer. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced golfer, there is a course for everyone in Myrtle Beach.
PGA Golf Courses in Myrtle Beach
If you’re a fan of professional golf, you won’t want to miss out on the PGA golf courses in Myrtle Beach. These courses are some of the best in the world and have hosted numerous PGA tournaments over the years. Here are some of the top PGA golf courses in Myrtle Beach that you should consider playing on your next golf vacation:
Tidewater Golf Club
Tidewater Golf Club is a private club that has hosted the Senior PGA Tour Championship and the PGA Tour’s FedEx Cup playoff event. The course is located just north of Myrtle Beach and features breathtaking views of the Intracoastal Waterway. It’s a challenging course that requires strategic thinking and precise shot-making, with water coming into play on several holes.
Caledonia Golf & Fish Club
Caledonia Golf & Fish Club is a popular course among golfers of all skill levels. It’s located just south of Myrtle Beach and features a links-style design with tall grasses and dunes. The course has hosted the PGA Tour’s Nationwide Tour event and has been ranked as one of the top 100 courses in the United States by Golf Magazine.
True Blue Golf Club
True Blue Golf Club is a public course that has hosted the PGA Tour’s Nationwide Tour event. It’s located in the heart of Myrtle Beach and features a traditional Scottish links-style design with rolling dunes and large greens. The course is known for its challenging holes and strategic play, making it a popular choice among golfers who want to test their skills.
The Heritage Club
The Heritage Club is a private course that has hosted the PGA Tour’s B.C. Open and the Senior PGA Tour’s Beach Golf Classic. It’s located just north of Myrtle Beach and features a parkland-style design with large trees and rolling hills. The course is known for its challenging holes and strategic play, making it a popular choice among golfers who want to experience a more traditional golf course.
Thornblade Club is a private club that has hosted the PGA Tour’s B.C. Open and the Senior PGA Tour’s Beach Golf Classic. It’s located just south of Myrtle Beach and features a parkland-style design with large trees and rolling hills. The course is known for its challenging holes and strategic play, making it a popular choice among golfers who want to experience a more traditional golf course.
In conclusion, Myrtle Beach is home to some of the best PGA golf courses in the world. From the links-style courses to the parkland-style courses, there’s something for every golfer to enjoy. Be sure to add these courses to your golf vacation itinerary and experience the best that Myrtle Beach has to offer.
Public Golf Courses in Myrtle Beach
If you’re looking for a great golfing experience in Myrtle Beach, then you should definitely consider playing at one of the many public golf courses in the area. These courses offer a fantastic variety of challenges, with many designed by top golf course architects.
Top Public Golf Courses in Myrtle Beach
Some of the top public golf courses in Myrtle Beach include:
- Caledonia Golf & Fish Club: This course is a must-play for any golf enthusiast visiting Myrtle Beach. Designed by Mike Strantz, the course offers a unique and challenging layout that winds through marshlands and live oaks.
- True Blue Golf Club: This course is known for its excellent conditioning and challenging play. It features a links-style layout with plenty of bunkers and water hazards to keep golfers on their toes.
- Tidewater Golf Club: This course is situated on a bluff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and features stunning views from every hole. It’s a true championship course that has hosted many professional tournaments.
- The Dunes Golf & Beach Club: This course is one of the oldest in Myrtle Beach and has a rich history. It’s a classic design that offers a challenging round of golf for players of all skill levels.
- Blackmoor Golf Club: This course is a hidden gem in Myrtle Beach, featuring a challenging layout with narrow fairways and strategically placed bunkers. It’s a great choice for golfers who like a bit of a challenge.
Affordable Options for Golfers on a Budget
If you’re looking for affordable options to play golf in Myrtle Beach, then you should consider playing at one of the many public golf courses in the area. Many of these courses offer rates that are significantly lower than private courses, making them a great option for golfers on a budget.
Additionally, there are several package deals available that include rounds of golf at multiple courses, making it a great way to experience several courses during your trip.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a great golfing experience in Myrtle Beach, then you should definitely consider playing at one of the many public golf courses in the area. With a wide variety of courses to choose from, you’re sure to find a course that suits your skill level and budget.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Golf Course
Course Design and Layout
When selecting a golf course near Myrtle Beach, one crucial factor to consider is the course design and layout. The layout of a golf course can significantly impact the overall experience of playing the game. Here are some essential aspects to keep in mind when evaluating the design and layout of a golf course:
- Fairway Design: The design of the fairways can have a significant impact on the difficulty of the course. Wide fairways can make the course more accessible for beginner golfers, while narrow fairways can pose a challenge for experienced players. The layout of the fairways can also affect the strategy required for each hole, making some holes more strategic than others.
- Green Design: The design of the greens can also play a crucial role in the difficulty of the course. The size, shape, and undulation of the greens can all impact the challenges that golfers face when putting. Larger greens may be easier to hit, but they may also require more precision to avoid hazards or bunkers. Smaller greens may be more challenging to hit, but they may also offer more opportunities for creative shot-making.
- Hazard Placement: The placement of hazards such as bunkers, water features, and trees can also impact the difficulty of a golf course. Some courses may have many hazards, making it challenging to find a way to the green. Other courses may have fewer hazards, making it easier to navigate the course. The placement of hazards can also impact the strategy required for each hole, making some holes more challenging than others.
- Elevation Changes: The elevation changes on a golf course can also impact the difficulty of the course. Courses with significant elevation changes can present unique challenges, such as uneven lies and difficult approaches. Courses with minimal elevation changes may be easier to navigate, but they may also be less interesting visually.
- Design Variety: The variety of design elements on a golf course can also impact the overall experience. Courses with a mix of parkland, links, and desert designs can offer a more diverse and interesting experience for golfers. Courses with a single design theme may become repetitive and less engaging over time.
Overall, the design and layout of a golf course can have a significant impact on the experience of playing the game. By considering these factors, golfers can choose a course that meets their skill level and offers a challenging and enjoyable experience.
Difficulty and Slope Rating
When it comes to choosing the best golf courses near Myrtle Beach, one of the most important factors to consider is the difficulty and slope rating of the course. These ratings provide valuable information about the level of skill required to play the course and can help golfers determine which courses are suitable for their abilities.
- Difficulty and Slope Rating
- Difficulty rating: The difficulty rating of a golf course is typically expressed as a number, with higher numbers indicating more challenging courses. The difficulty rating takes into account factors such as the length of the course, the number of hazards, and the difficulty of the greens. Golfers should consider their own skill level when choosing a course and select one that provides a suitable challenge.
- Slope rating: The slope rating of a golf course measures the relative difficulty of the course for a scratch golfer. It takes into account factors such as the length of the course, the steepness of the terrain, and the difficulty of the greens. The slope rating is expressed as a number, with lower numbers indicating easier courses and higher numbers indicating more difficult courses. Golfers should consider their own skill level and the slope rating when choosing a course to ensure that they are challenged but not overwhelmed.
Overall, considering the difficulty and slope rating of a golf course is essential for choosing the best course for your skill level and ensuring an enjoyable and challenging round of golf.
Green Fees and Membership Options
When selecting a golf course near Myrtle Beach, one crucial factor to consider is the cost. The cost of playing a round of golf can vary significantly depending on the course, time of day, and day of the week. It is essential to research the green fees and membership options before booking a tee time.
Green fees are the charges for playing a round of golf on a specific course. These fees can vary depending on the time of day, day of the week, and season. Weekends and holidays are typically more expensive than weekdays, and peak season rates are higher than off-peak rates. It is important to research the green fees for each course and compare them to find the best value.
Membership options are also a significant factor to consider when choosing a golf course. Many courses offer membership options that provide significant savings over paying per round. These options can include annual memberships, seasonal memberships, and memberships for a specific number of rounds. Memberships often come with additional benefits, such as discounted rates on merchandise and food and beverage, and preferred tee times.
Another aspect to consider is whether the course offers any discounts or promotions. Many courses offer reduced rates for seniors, juniors, and military personnel. Additionally, some courses offer package deals that include accommodations, meals, and golf rounds. These deals can provide significant savings and enhance the overall golfing experience.
It is important to note that some courses may require a minimum number of players to book a tee time, while others may allow single players to book a round. It is essential to research each course’s policies and restrictions before booking a tee time.
In conclusion, green fees and membership options are critical factors to consider when selecting a golf course near Myrtle Beach. Researching the cost and comparing the membership options can help find the best value and enhance the overall golfing experience.
Amenities and Facilities
When selecting a golf course, it’s important to consider the amenities and facilities offered. These can greatly impact your overall experience and enjoyment of the game. Here are some key factors to keep in mind:
- Pro Shop: A well-stocked pro shop is essential for any serious golfer. Look for a wide selection of golf clubs, balls, bags, and other equipment from top brands. The pro shop should also offer golf apparel and accessories, such as hats, gloves, and sunglasses.
- Practice Facilities: A driving range and putting green are essential for warming up and practicing your swing before hitting the course. Look for a range that has ample space and targets to practice different shots. The putting green should be well-maintained and have various hole locations to simulate on-course conditions.
- Food and Beverage Options: Golf courses often have restaurants and bars on site, offering a variety of food and drink options before, during, and after your round. Look for a diverse menu that includes healthy options, as well as indulgent treats. Some courses may also offer beer and wine on course, so make sure to check if this is available.
- Locker Rooms: Locker rooms are an important part of the golfing experience, providing a place to change and store your belongings. Look for clean, well-maintained locker rooms with ample space for your golf bag and other gear. Some courses may also offer complimentary towels and amenities, such as showers and lockers.
- Course Conditions: The condition of the golf course is a critical factor in determining your overall experience. Look for courses that are well-maintained, with lush fairways, fast greens, and well-placed hazards. Make sure to check the course’s website for recent reviews and ratings from other golfers.
- Professional Instruction: Many golf courses offer professional instruction from PGA-certified instructors. If you’re looking to improve your game, consider a course that offers lessons or clinics. This can be a great way to learn from experienced professionals and receive personalized feedback on your swing.
- Additional Amenities: Some golf courses offer additional amenities, such as spa services, fitness centers, or swimming pools. If these are important to you, make sure to check if the course you’re considering offers them.
By considering these amenities and facilities, you can ensure that you choose a golf course that meets your needs and provides an enjoyable and memorable experience.
Golf Tournaments and Events in Myrtle Beach
Annual Golf Tournaments in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach is known for hosting numerous golf tournaments and events throughout the year. If you’re a golf enthusiast looking to participate in competitive play, here are some of the annual golf tournaments in Myrtle Beach that you should consider:
The Hootie & The Blowfish Monday After the Masters Celebrity Golf Tournament
One of the most popular and highly-anticipated golf tournaments in Myrtle Beach is the annual Hootie & The Blowfish Monday After the Masters Celebrity Golf Tournament. This event takes place every year in April, just after the prestigious Masters Tournament at Augusta National Golf Club. The tournament features a celebrity lineup that includes well-known actors, athletes, and musicians, who compete alongside amateur golfers in a two-day scramble format. The event raises funds for various charities and has become a staple of the Myrtle Beach golf scene.
The Palmetto Dunes/Sea Pines Resort Tennis & Yacht Club Championship
Another popular annual golf tournament in Myrtle Beach is the Palmetto Dunes/Sea Pines Resort Tennis & Yacht Club Championship. This event takes place in May and features a 36-hole stroke play format for both professional and amateur golfers. The tournament attracts players from across the country and offers a unique and challenging course layout that incorporates various natural hazards and water features.
The Myrtle Beach World Amateur Handicap Championship
If you’re an amateur golfer looking for a fun and competitive tournament, the Myrtle Beach World Amateur Handicap Championship is a must-attend event. This annual tournament takes place in August and is open to golfers of all skill levels, with handicaps ranging from zero to 104. The tournament features a four-day, net stroke play format and attracts thousands of participants from around the world.
The Myrtle Beach Marathon & Half Marathon
While not strictly a golf tournament, the Myrtle Beach Marathon & Half Marathon is a popular annual event that takes place in November. This 26.2-mile race winds its way through the beautiful coastal landscapes of Myrtle Beach, offering runners a chance to experience the natural beauty of the area while testing their endurance.
By participating in these annual golf tournaments and events in Myrtle Beach, you can immerse yourself in the vibrant golf culture of the region, connect with other golf enthusiasts, and enjoy a unique and memorable golfing experience.
Corporate Golf Events in Myrtle Beach
Planning a Corporate Golf Event in Myrtle Beach
- Choosing the Right Course
- Consider the skill level of your employees
- Look for courses with diverse difficulty levels
- Consider the size of your group and the available amenities
- Selecting a Date
- Coordinate with the golf course’s availability
- Consider the weather and peak seasons
- Make sure to give enough notice for booking
- Planning Other Activities
- Networking events or team-building activities
- Group dinners or receptions
- Transportation and accommodation arrangements
Top Golf Courses for Corporate Events in Myrtle Beach
- Caledonia Golf & Fish Club
- 18-hole course designed by Tom Fazio
- Offers stunning views of the wetlands and marshlands
- Hosted numerous PGA Tour events
- True Blue Golf Club
- 18-hole course designed by the renowned firm of Pete Dye and Tim Liddy
- Features a unique “Links-style” design
- Known for its challenging play and scenic beauty
- Myrtle Beach National Golf Club
- 54 holes of championship golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Ed Seay, and Gary Player
- Three distinct 18-hole courses to choose from
- Ideal for both beginners and experienced players
- Tidewater Golf Club
- 18-hole course designed by Mark McCumber
- Nestled between the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean
- Offers challenging play and breathtaking views
Tips for a Successful Corporate Golf Event
- Encourage networking and team-building activities
- Make sure to have a clear schedule and agenda
- Prepare prizes and awards for winners and losers
- Consider hiring a professional photographer to capture memories
- Provide refreshments and meals throughout the event
- Have a dedicated point of contact for all event-related matters
Charity Golf Events in Myrtle Beach
Charity golf events in Myrtle Beach provide an excellent opportunity for golf enthusiasts to play their favorite sport while also contributing to a worthy cause. These events often attract both professional and amateur golfers who want to participate in a fun and competitive environment. By participating in these events, golfers can not only improve their skills but also support local charities and make a positive impact on the community.
One of the most popular charity golf events in Myrtle Beach is the annual “Swing for a Cure” tournament. This event is held at the Tidewater Golf Club and raises funds for breast cancer research and support for local patients. The tournament features a variety of activities, including a silent auction, raffles, and live music, in addition to the main golf competition.
Another notable charity golf event in Myrtle Beach is the “First Tee Golf Tournament,” which benefits the First Tee program. This program aims to introduce young people to the game of golf and teach them valuable life skills such as discipline, respect, and perseverance. The tournament is held at several different golf courses throughout the Myrtle Beach area and attracts golfers of all skill levels.
Other charity golf events in Myrtle Beach include the “Myrtle Beach Marathon Golf Classic,” which benefits the Horry County Schools Foundation, and the “Celebrity Golf Tournament,” which raises funds for local children’s charities. These events offer a unique opportunity for golfers to participate in a fun and competitive tournament while also supporting a good cause.
Golf Equipment and Accessories for Myrtle Beach Golfers
Golf Clubs and Drivers
Golf clubs and drivers are the backbone of any golfer’s equipment, and for those looking to play golf in Myrtle Beach, there are a few key factors to consider when selecting the right clubs and drivers.
Factors to Consider
- Swing Type: The first factor to consider is the golfer’s swing type. Golfers have different swing types, such as a fade, draw, or a straight ball flight. Choosing clubs and drivers that complement the golfer’s natural swing type can help improve their game.
- Clubhead Speed: The golfer’s clubhead speed is another important factor to consider. Golfers with higher clubhead speeds will benefit from clubs and drivers that have a higher launch angle and lower spin rate, while those with lower clubhead speeds will benefit from clubs and drivers with a lower launch angle and higher spin rate.
- Trajectory: The trajectory of the ball flight is also an important consideration. Golfers who struggle with a slice or hook should consider clubs and drivers that help correct their ball flight.
Popular Golf Clubs and Drivers
There are many popular golf clubs and drivers on the market, but here are a few that are popular among Myrtle Beach golfers:
- TaylorMade SIM Driver: This driver features a carbon composite crown and a speed-injected polymer core that provides golfers with maximum distance and a low spin rate.
- Callaway Epic Flash Driver: This driver uses artificial intelligence to optimize the golf ball’s trajectory and distance, providing golfers with a straight and long ball flight.
- Ping G410 Driver: This driver features a flexible, titanium face that provides golfers with maximum ball speed and distance, even on off-center hits.
Golf Clubs and Drivers: Additional Considerations
In addition to the factors listed above, golfers should also consider the following when selecting golf clubs and drivers:
- Flex: Golfers should choose clubs and drivers that match their flex, ensuring that they can maximize their distance and accuracy.
- Shaft Material: Golfers should consider the shaft material, as this can affect the club’s feel and performance. Graphite shafts are lighter and more flexible, while steel shafts are heavier and stiffer.
- Grip Size: Golfers should choose a grip size that feels comfortable in their hands, as this can help improve their swing and reduce hand fatigue.
Overall, selecting the right golf clubs and drivers is essential for any golfer looking to improve their game in Myrtle Beach. By considering factors such as swing type, clubhead speed, trajectory, flex, shaft material, and grip size, golfers can choose clubs and drivers that help them maximize their distance and accuracy.
Golf Balls and Accessories
Golf balls are a crucial component of any golfer’s equipment, and choosing the right one can greatly impact your game. The best golf balls for Myrtle Beach golfers will depend on a variety of factors, including personal preference, skill level, and course conditions.
Here are some popular golf balls and accessories used by Myrtle Beach golfers:
- Titleist Pro V1: A popular choice among tour professionals and amateurs alike, the Titleist Pro V1 is known for its exceptional distance, spin control, and consistent flight.
- TaylorMade TP5: This ball offers a combination of distance, spin, and feel, making it a popular choice for golfers of all skill levels.
- Callaway Chrome Soft: A soft, tour-quality ball designed for exceptional distance and control around the green, the Callaway Chrome Soft is a popular choice for many Myrtle Beach golfers.
- Srixon Z-Star: Known for its soft feel and excellent spin control, the Srixon Z-Star is a top choice for golfers looking for a high-performance ball.
- Tees: Tees are an essential golf accessory for driving and approach shots. Popular brands include Titleist, TaylorMade, and Nike.
- Golf Balls Markers: Golf ball markers help you easily identify your ball on the course. Brands like Nike, Callaway, and TaylorMade offer a variety of designs and styles.
- Golf Bag Accessories: To keep your golf bag organized and your equipment accessible, consider investing in golf bag accessories such as towel clips, ball retrievers, and cooler pockets.
- Gloves: Golf gloves are an important accessory for grip and control. Popular brands include Titleist, FootJoy, and Callaway.
- Golf Rangefinders: Golf rangefinders help you accurately measure distances to the hole or hazards on the course. Brands like Bushnell and GolfBuddy offer reliable and easy-to-use rangefinders for Myrtle Beach golfers.
By selecting the right golf balls and accessories, Myrtle Beach golfers can enhance their performance on the course and enjoy a more satisfying golfing experience.
Golf Apparel and Footwear
Golf apparel and footwear play a crucial role in enhancing the overall golfing experience for players. In Myrtle Beach, golfers can find a wide range of options for both golf apparel and footwear that cater to their needs and preferences. Here are some essential details to consider when it comes to golf apparel and footwear in Myrtle Beach:
- Golf Apparel:
- Choosing the right golf apparel is crucial as it helps golfers perform better and stay comfortable throughout their game.
- Some popular golf apparel brands available in Myrtle Beach include Nike, Under Armour, Adidas, and Puma.
- Golfers can choose from a variety of options such as polo shirts, golf shirts, pants, shorts, and skirts.
- It is essential to select breathable and moisture-wicking fabrics that keep golfers cool and dry during their game.
- Some golf courses in Myrtle Beach may have specific dress code requirements, so it is important to check with the course beforehand.
- Golf Footwear:
- Golf footwear plays a vital role in providing support, stability, and traction during the game.
- Popular golf footwear brands available in Myrtle Beach include Titleist, FootJoy, and Nike.
- Golfers can choose from a variety of options such as spiked, spikeless, and hybrid golf shoes.
- It is essential to select golf shoes with a good grip on various surfaces, including wet and slippery ones.
- Golf shoes with replaceable spikes are a good option as they can be adjusted according to the golf course’s terrain.
- Golfers should also consider the comfort and fit of the golf shoes to ensure they can perform at their best throughout the game.
In conclusion, golf apparel and footwear are essential components of a golfer’s equipment, and choosing the right ones can enhance their performance and comfort during the game. Golfers in Myrtle Beach have access to a wide range of options from popular brands, and it is essential to consider factors such as breathability, moisture-wicking, support, stability, and traction when making their selection.
Tips for Enjoying Golf in Myrtle Beach
Best Time to Play Golf in Myrtle Beach
- The ideal time to play golf in Myrtle Beach is during the spring months of March and April, when temperatures are mild and the courses are not as crowded.
- During the peak season of June to August, it’s best to play golf in the early morning or late afternoon to avoid the heat.
- Fall is also a great time to play golf in Myrtle Beach, with mild temperatures and fewer crowds.
- Be sure to check the weather forecast before heading out to play, as sudden rain showers can occur and delay play.
- Lastly, make sure to bring sunscreen and stay hydrated, as the sun can be intense and the humidity can be high.
Top Golf Resorts in Myrtle Beach
When it comes to playing golf in Myrtle Beach, there are a variety of top-rated resorts to choose from. These resorts offer a range of amenities, including championship golf courses, luxurious accommodations, and on-site dining options. Here are some of the top golf resorts in Myrtle Beach:
- The Sea Pines Resort: This award-winning resort features three championship golf courses, including the famed Harbour Town Golf Links, which hosts the annual RBC Heritage tournament on the PGA Tour. The resort also offers a variety of other activities, including tennis, sailing, and kayaking.
- The Palmetto Dunes Resort: With three championship golf courses designed by legendary architects such as Robert Trent Jones Sr. and George Fazio, Palmetto Dunes is a must-visit for golf enthusiasts. The resort also offers a variety of other activities, including water sports, biking, and fishing.
- The Grande Dunes Resort: This luxurious resort features two championship golf courses, including the Arnold Palmer Signature Design Course, which offers breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. The resort also offers a variety of other amenities, including a spa, fitness center, and multiple dining options.
- The Caledonia Golf & Fish Club: This stunning golf course is located on the banks of the Indian River and offers beautiful views of the marshlands. The course was designed by the legendary golf course architect, Pete Dye, and offers a challenging round of golf for players of all skill levels.
- The True Blue Golf Club: This championship golf course is located in the heart of the beautiful South Carolina Lowcountry and features wide fairways and large greens. The course is known for its challenging yet playable design and offers a great round of golf for players of all skill levels.
When choosing a golf resort in Myrtle Beach, consider factors such as the number and quality of golf courses, the amenities offered, and the location. With so many great options to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect resort for your golf vacation in Myrtle Beach.
Suggested Itinerary for a Golf Trip to Myrtle Beach
Planning Your Golf Trip
- Determine the length of your trip and the number of rounds you want to play.
- Research golf courses in the Myrtle Beach area and make a list of your top choices.
- Book tee times in advance to ensure availability, especially during peak season.
Arrival and Accommodation
- Fly into Myrtle Beach International Airport, which is conveniently located near many golf courses.
- Choose from a variety of accommodations, including golf resorts, hotels, and vacation rentals.
- Consider booking a stay at a resort that offers on-site golf courses and other amenities.
- Day 1: Play a morning round at Caledonia Golf & Fish Club, followed by an afternoon round at True Blue Golf Club.
- Day 2: Start with an early morning round at Tidewater Golf Club, then head to Pine Lakes Country Club for an afternoon round.
- Day 3: Play a morning round at Myrtle Beach National Golf Club’s SouthCreek course, followed by an afternoon round at the West course.
- Day 4: Tee off in the morning at the Palmetto Course at the Sea Pines Resort, then head to the Atlantic Dunes by Sea Pines in the afternoon.
- Day 5: Play a final round at the King’s Course at the Plantation Golf Club, followed by a relaxing evening at a local restaurant.
- Explore the local beach and water activities, such as swimming, surfing, and fishing.
- Visit the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Promenade for shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
- Enjoy a round of mini-golf or try your hand at the arcade games at the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel.
By following this suggested itinerary, you can experience the best golf courses that Myrtle Beach has to offer. Plan your trip carefully, and you’ll be sure to have a memorable golfing adventure in this beautiful coastal city.
Future Developments in Myrtle Beach Golf Scene
As the popularity of golf continues to soar, the Myrtle Beach golf scene is undergoing significant developments to cater to the increasing demand. Here are some of the future developments to look forward to:
- Expansion of Golf Courses: The Myrtle Beach area is set to see an expansion of its golf courses in the coming years. New courses are being built, and existing ones are being refurbished to offer a more diverse and challenging experience for golfers. This growth is expected to attract even more visitors to the area, solidifying Myrtle Beach’s reputation as a premier golf destination.
- Enhanced Technology Integration: Golf courses in Myrtle Beach are adopting state-of-the-art technology to enhance the golfer’s experience. This includes advanced simulators, virtual reality training systems, and GPS-guided carts that provide real-time data on distance, yardage, and course statistics. These innovations are designed to help golfers improve their skills and enjoy their time on the course.
- Sustainable Practices: The golf industry is increasingly embracing sustainable practices, and Myrtle Beach is no exception. Many golf courses in the area are implementing eco-friendly measures such as drought-resistant grass, solar-powered cart charging stations, and water recycling systems. These initiatives not only benefit the environment but also help to reduce operating costs and promote a more responsible approach to golf course management.
- Improved Golf Tournament Facilities: Myrtle Beach is already a popular destination for golf tournaments and events, and the future looks bright for this aspect of the golf scene. Plans are underway to construct new tournament facilities that will accommodate larger crowds, provide better spectator experiences, and attract more high-profile events to the area. This development is expected to have a positive impact on the local economy and further enhance Myrtle Beach’s reputation as a premier golf destination.
- Increased Golf Course Accessibility: To make golf more accessible to a wider range of players, the Myrtle Beach golf scene is focusing on improving course accessibility. This includes the development of more golf courses with inclusive design features, such as wider fairways, flatter greens, and more tee options. Additionally, courses are being designed with shorter distances between holes and parking areas, making it easier for golfers with mobility issues to navigate the course.
These future developments in the Myrtle Beach golf scene are sure to attract even more visitors to the area and solidify its position as a world-class golf destination. Golfers can look forward to an even more diverse and exciting range of courses, as well as enhanced technology and sustainable practices that will help to elevate the overall golfing experience.
Recommendations for First-Time Visitors to Myrtle Beach Golf Courses
When it comes to golfing in Myrtle Beach, there are several recommendations for first-time visitors to keep in mind. These tips will help ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience on the course.
- Book Tee Times in Advance
It’s essential to book tee times in advance, especially during peak season. This will help ensure that you get the time and course you want, and it will also save you the hassle of trying to book a tee time on the day of your game.
- Dress Appropriately
Golf courses in Myrtle Beach have a dress code, so it’s important to dress appropriately. Typically, collared shirts, golf shorts, and golf shoes are required. It’s also a good idea to bring a light jacket or sweater, as the temperature can drop in the evenings.
- Know the Course
Before playing, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the course. Many courses offer online course guides or maps that you can review before playing. This will help you get a sense of the layout and difficulty of the course, and it will also help you avoid any potential hazards or obstacles.
- Bring Your Own Clubs
If you’re planning to play several rounds of golf during your stay, it may be worth bringing your own clubs. This will save you the hassle of renting clubs each time you play and will also ensure that you have clubs that fit your playing style.
- Respect the Game
Finally, it’s important to respect the game of golf and the other players on the course. This means following the rules of the course, repairing divots and ball marks, and keeping a good pace of play. By respecting the game and other players, you’ll help ensure a positive experience for everyone on the course.
1. How many golf courses are near Myrtle Beach?
Myrtle Beach is home to over 90 golf courses, making it one of the most popular golf destinations in the United States.
2. Are there any golf courses that are particularly popular among visitors?
Yes, some of the most popular golf courses near Myrtle Beach include Caledonia Golf & Fish Club, True Blue Golf Club, and Tidewater Golf Club. These courses offer challenging play and stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
3. Are there any golf courses that cater specifically to beginners?
Yes, there are several golf courses near Myrtle Beach that are beginner-friendly. For example, the Legends Golf Resort offers a nine-hole course that is perfect for those just starting out, while the Sandhills Golf Club offers a range of tee options to accommodate golfers of all skill levels.
4. How far are the golf courses from the beach?
The golf courses near Myrtle Beach are typically located just a short drive from the beach. Many of the courses are located within a few miles of the coast, making it easy to combine a golf vacation with a beach getaway.
5. What is the best time of year to play golf in Myrtle Beach?
The best time to play golf in Myrtle Beach is during the spring and fall months, when temperatures are mild and the courses are less crowded. However, many courses remain open year-round, so golfers can enjoy a round of golf any time of the year.
6. Are there any golf courses that offer discounts for golfers?
Yes, many of the golf courses near Myrtle Beach offer discounts for golfers. For example, some courses offer discounts for seniors, military personnel, and groups. It’s always a good idea to check with the course directly for any current promotions or discounts.